Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Random Yuletide Thoughts

I've all but completed my Christmas shopping save for one gift. Ant it's probably one of the hardest thing to decide... what to give my mom. Any suggestions?

My wife and I decided to postpone our own Christmas celebration until the end of February when our gift will arrive. The gift is tenatively named Richard Sebastian. Trina still thinks the name is too long, fearing that the child will still be writing his name on the paper when pop quiz question number 3 is already being asked. I find the name destined for greatness.

I took the liberty of buying generic gifts for my friends. One gift to rule them all. Shopping with my sisters, i found a gift good for one, asked the price and finding that the price is resonable, I ordered 12 - 1 each for all my friends. Talk about thoughtless gifts.

The past weekend was supposed to be the last weekend before the xmas celebrations. I dreaded going to the malls for fear of being suffocated. I didn't know if I was glad or sad at what I saw at the malls. First, we got a parking space quite fast (my sis says she has a personal parking angel)... then the malls seem normal. One could amble, sashay, trudge or whatever kind of walk one wants and it would've been ok since the malls were not quite full. I saw people with nary a plastic bag in tow. Either they have completed xmas shopping early, or all that talk about economic progress is juat a lot of hot air from an embattled presidentita.

I was supposed to be on an extended vacation after xmas due to a company-imposed office shutdown. I was looking forward to 10 glorious days of lying around the house unbrushed, unkempt, unshowered and uncaring. Lo and behold, a client wants my presence for their pre-bidding conference on the 27th in Iligan City no less! There goes the party. No more 24-seasons-1-to-5-DVD-marathon for me.

No comments: