Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Beware

During a recent trip to Brisbane, I encountered what perhaps could be the most vile, most insiduous (spellcheck please), most cruel invention ever devised by man! Let me explain...

I took a Singapore Airlines flight that spanned a total of 18 hours (given a 3-hour layover plus delays and a change in timezones). I spent most of that time cooped up in coach, squeezed in between a window and a horizontally-challenged Aussie mom with her 4-year old daughter in tow. This made me think twice about asking for beer or wine for relaxation because getting up to pee would be a challenge after that (not to mention a great inconvenience to the mom and kid). The flight was scheduled to span all night and arrive at my destination at daybreak the following morning.

The vile invention kept me up all night with nary a wink of sleep! This insiduous gadget prevented me from willfully shutting my eyes and resting for a long day ahead. This vile contraption is...

Video-On-Demand!!!

With the vast amount of resources in its library, I was hooked, lined and sinkered to spending the entire trip scanning for the latest movies, TV shows, music, and video games from its arsenal of weapons designd to deprive lowly travellers of much needed sleep!

Needless to say, I was grouchy the next day.

No comments: