Monday, March 13, 2006

Ramblings

Here's another conversation I had with someone from chat...

antonette> hi
Ritsard> hi
antonette> asl mo pls
Ritsard> why po?
antonette> y d ba pwd malaman?
Ritsard> y kailangan ba malaman?
antonette> cge nevermind

Lets not dwell on the fact that I'm a nasty sonofabitch when it comes to chatting. I'm not going to apologize for my behavior (I still get a kick from being rude in chat). I was minding my own business when "antonette" started bugging me. I even lost some hands in lastcallpoker.com while she was bugging me.

Anyway, I hated the fact that people like "antonette" feel entitled to the information she was asking... as if I am bound to answer her. I get the impression that people in today's society have gone "soft" from living a very comfortable life. They grew up believing that everything is there for the taking. They didnt have to go up a guava tree to get a snack like our grandparents, they just have to open the fridge. They didnt have to go to the library to do research, they just have to go online. They didnt have to explain why they needed my ASL (age/sex/location for the uninitiated), they just have to ask.

here's another string...

cute19> hi
Ritsard> hi
cute19> asl
Ritsard> why po?
cute19> 18f cebu
cute19> you
Ritsard> why?
cute19> nothing
Ritsard> ok
cute19> ok
cute19> how old are oyu
cute19> you
Ritsard> why?
cute19> im just asking
cute19> ano kaba
cute19> hindi kaba nakaintindi ng ask ko sayo
cute19> ang hirap mo ka talk
Ritsard> alam ko na nag aask ka
cute19> yep
Ritsard> ang tanong ko, bakit mo kailangan malaman
Ritsard> why?
cute19> bakit hindi ka sumasagot
Ritsard> obligasyon ko bang sumagot?
cute19> dahil yun ang question ko sayo
Ritsard> bakit?
cute19> ang hirap mo kausap bye now

:)

1 comment:

fionski said...

Sir!!! Belated happy easter eggs! Hehehe.
I don't know what to say. I hate ASL. ASL has been the standard opening line online, like not responding to ASL is a crime to most people. I would rather someone ask me the old fashioned way, start a conversation the old fashioned way. The internet and texting has killed the fine art of conversation. Just look at the way people spell their words. Sheesh!